A style post today, after several product and profile pieces in recent weeks.
To break it down into bullets:
- I love grey shirts, primarily with navy suits or jackets as an alternative to white and blue. It feels urban and modern
- The problem is, with a grey shirt you are robbed of the most reliable colour for a trouser: grey
- One nice option is cream, which goes well with the grey shirt and leaves the jacket open, for navy, green, brown, anything
- In the image here, taken during a humid week in Tokyo, I’ve opted for my dark-green 9oz-wool jacket from Solito
- In many ways it’s a summer equivalent to this winter outfit using my Escorial jacket
And the details of the pieces:
- The shirt is from D’Avino, with all its consequent beautiful hand-sewn and hand-rolled details.
- The cream linen trousers are an Irish-woven W Bill, from my old Terry Haste suit
- The shoes are my Foster’s bespoke, looking better after their repatination
- The linen hank is white, contrasting nicely with the grey shirt and cream trouser. It is from Simonnot-Godard
- And the portfolio is my vintage piece from Bentley’s. Very practical for a day around town
Photography: Jamie Ferguson @jkf_man
Credit: Permanent Style