I remember when sitting in your grandfathers chair was considered a crime worthy of capital punishment. Oddly, the fear of getting caught was muffled by the wave of accomplishment once saddled atop the leather lazy boy. Call it a right-of-passage but everyman needs a chair marked “his.” It’s inherent, perhaps it stems from the king’s throne. For most men, it’s about comfort, but for a select few it’s all about the prestige.
Guy Manningham has discovered what we think is the all-encompassing man’s chair, the Aviator Chair – Distressed Whiskey. The only thing keeping her from being authentic; a sexy pin-up painted on the side and a nuclear fission cocktail tucked in her undercarriage.
Guy Rates’ this Gadget 5 out of 5
- Inspired by fighter planes, from its aluminum-wrapped curves to its padded leather seat and back
- Leather-clad wrap-around top rail
- Exposed steel screws
- Kiln-dried frame
- Plastic feet protect floors from scratching
- Distressed Whiskey leather has a supple broken-in hand and a burnished warmth
- Aluminum has a matte finish that’s lightly distressed for a vintage look; intentional nicks, dings, small scratches and other imperfections are to be expected and add to the character and uniqueness of each item
Pricing / Availability
You can get more details on the Aviator Chair or order it from Restoration Hardware.