Want to get those pearly yellows blinging white for the summer but don’t want to put a mortgage on your house to do so? Simple (and natural) solution is using strawberries and baking soda.
- Strawberries contain malic acid, which acts as the primary stain remover. First grab a fork or another mashing utensil and smash the strawberry into a pulp.
- Then mix about a teaspoon of baking soda into the strawberry mash. Baking soda is also great at removing unwanted teeth stains from coffee, tea or smoking.
- Once the mixture is ready, it should be a light pinkish color. Use your toothbrush to apply some of the mixture to your teeth.
- Let it sit on your teeth for about five minutes, then rinse.
- Brush your teeth thoroughly with regular toothpaste. (Note: Many toothpastes use sugars to make the paste taste better. Try to find a paste with little or no sweeteners.)
- Floss to remove any strawberry seeds. Rinse again using hydrogen peroxide to kill off bacteria and also to whiten teeth some more.
- Finally rinse with water one more time.
Warning: Doing this process more than once a week is not recommended as it might erode tooth enamel.
Note: This whitening process does not work on dental repairs or dentures.
Recommended Toothpaste: Arm & Hammer® Extra Whitening